A narcissistic mother can be described with some or all of the following traits:
- A grandiose sense of entitlement
- Critical of you and your accomplishments
- Plays the victim
- Values you for what you do rather than who you are
- Puts her own needs before yours
- Has a lack of empathy and often denies her own or your feelings
- Is hyper-focused on her appearance or the way things look to others rather than how things feel
- Is competitive, and puts your successes down
- Over-involved or ignoring
If you struggle with the relationship you have, the relationship you wish you had, or lack of relationship with your mother, the holidays can be one of the most painful times of the year. If you feel alone because others don’t understand why it is so difficult to get along with her, to please her, or to even be in her presence, you will find support and understanding in the company of others who know how isolating the holidays in particular can feel.
This 8-week long support group will meet once a week and offer support, insight and understanding to daughters of narcissistic mothers during one of the most challenging times of the year, the Holiday Season.
Support group sessions will be held in Novato on Monday evenings from 7-8:30pm and cost $95/session. The sessions will consist of a series of steps to be explored together, therefore attendance to all sessions is ideal.
Weekly Sessions dates: 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, & 1/7
Please call 415-827-5446 or email email@example.com to see if this is the right group for you.